Wednesday, December 12, 2007

INSPIRING POEMS!!!


I'd Rather Watch a Winner

I'd rather watch a winner, than hear one any day,
I'd rather have one walk with me than merely show the way.
The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear;
Fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.
And the best of all the coaches are the ones who live their creeds;
For to see the good in action is what everybody needs.
I can soon learn how to do it if you'll let me see it done;
I can watch your hands in action, but your tongue too fast may run.
And the lectures you deliver may be very wise and true;
But I'd rather get my lessons by observing what you do.
For I may misunderstand you and the high advice you give;
But there's no misunderstanding how you act and how you live.
I'd rather watch a winner, than hear one any day!
If you think You can, You can

You can be a total winner, even if you're a beginner,
If you think you can, you can- if you think you can, you can;
You can wear the gold medallion, you can ride your own black stallion,
If you think you can, you can-if you think you can, you can;
It's not your talent, or the gifted birth,
It's not your bank book that determines worth;
And it isn't in the color of your skin,
It's your attitude that lets you win!
You can profit through inflation, you can redirect this nation,
If you think you can, you can- if you think you can, you can.
It doesn't matter if you've won,
It makes no difference what the half-time score;
It's never over 'til the final gun,
So keep on trying and you'll find you've won.
Just grab your dream and then believe it,
Go out and work, and you'll achieve it;
If you think you can, you can- if you think you can, you can!
Believe in God- and you're halfway there.
Believe in yourself- and you're three-quarters there.

These are inspiring poems copied from Val's book. it teaches us how to succeed in life. thus it's worth the read and application into our own lives. I do hope that any one of you feeling hopeless will spend the time to read it, and hopefully, the poems can give some encouragement to you as they did for me.

No comments: